Frequently Asked Questions


Is James my MP?

You can easily check by using the link below. All you need to do is type your home postcode into the relevant box.

Can James help me if he is not my MP?

No, even if the problem you experienced happened in the Vale of Clwyd. Very strict rules dictate that MPs can only offer assistance to people who live in or own businesses that are located in the constituency they represent. The FindYourMP tool will provide details for your MP and you should then make contact with him or her.

What does an MP do?

As an MP James represents you, his constituents, in Parliament.  James can help in any matter relating to central government. He debates and votes on legislation before the House.

Where is James based?

When Parliament is sitting James will normally spend Monday to Thursday in London. He will often return Thursday evening and then be in the constituency until the following Monday morning.

During parliamentary recess James will primarily be in the constituency. Recess usually follows a similar schedule to that of school holidays providing James a lot of time throughout the year in the Vale of Clwyd.

James also has members of staff who are based in both his London office and in the constituency office who will be able to assist you.

James’ constituency office is based in Prestatyn High Street, with easy access by car or public transport. However, if you are unable to get to the office but need to meet with James or a member of staff, we will be happy to come to a location suitable for you.

How can I invite James to an event I am organising?

James is very supportive of events taking place in his constituency. If you would like to invite him to your event please allow plenty of notice and email the invitation to or you can fill out the contact form on this web page.

I have a problem who should I contact?

James is happy to assist his constituents with issues they may face. Many people contact their MP when they feel they have exhausted all other options.

If you feel that your problem concerns the council (e.g. schools, dustbins, housing, road repairs, public realm or public toilets) rather than central government, then you may wish to contact your local councillor in the first place as they will be best placed to help you. You can contact Denbighshire County Council on 01824 706101 and find out who your councillor is by visiting James is very willing to assist with these matters also.

To ensure there are no delays, if you are concerned about a possible criminal activity please contact the police on either 999 for emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies. Or if you are worried about a child or vulnerable adult please contact Social Services directly on 0845 0533116

You can, of course, contact James about issues relating to the above services, if you are still not happy with the service you have received, or if you would like to notify him of the issue or response you have been given.

Can I get work experience in James’ office?

James will always consider requests for short periods of work experience from constituents. The decision to accept or decline requests will depend on the current schedules as James feels it is important to make sure that any work experience offered is worthwhile. Priority will be given to constituents. If you are interested, please contact James’ office at least two months in advance and remember that most schools and colleges require students to carry out work experience at similar times and so we may have received numerous requests for the week you need.

Check out the NEWS page